Wesfarmers OneDigital - Diversity and inclusion
OneDigital is committed to creating a workplace that is inclusive and welcoming of everyone and everything that makes them unique, including faith, race, neurodiversity, ethnicity, gender, sexual identity and disability.
OneDigital’s diversity and inclusion pillars - Gender Balance, Cultural Engagement and Celebrate Difference – are supported by regular activities to create an inclusive environment where everyone is accepted, respected and valued for their personal contribution.
In the May 2023 team member engagement surveys, 84 per cent of OneDigital (OnePass/OneData) and 75 per cent of Catch survey participants indicated there was a demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive environment at work. Diversity of ideas and people was highly valued by 84 per cent of OneDigital (OnePass/OneData) and 73 per cent of Catch survey respondents.
Achievements in the financial year include:
- The OneDigital Diversity and Inclusion Policy and Diversity and Inclusion Statement was launched in April 2023.
- Gender balance among leadership roles was a focus, working towards a target to achieve 40 per cent women, 40 per cent men and 20 per cent either gender or gender diverse in leadership roles by 2027. At the end of the 2023 financial year, women represented 26 per cent of leadership roles at Catch and 37 per cent of leadership roles at OneDigital.
- OneDigital and Catch team members participated in International Women’s Day. Team members attended a panel discussion hosted by senior women leaders from across the division.
- The OneDigital Inclusion Collective was established as a safe place for team members to connect each month to support inclusivity and community.
- A continued focus was placed on achieving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce population parity of three per cent by 2030 and establishing partnerships with Indigenous employment partners to drive engagement and representation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander suppliers.
- Participation in Indigenous cultural awareness training increased for OneDigital team members through cultural events, including NAIDOC Week, National Reconciliation Week, Diwali and Eid.
- Inclusive and culturally safe recruitment, hiring and onboarding practices were implemented to attract and retain diverse talent.
- Team members celebrated World Pride Day, Wear it Purple Day and International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia.
- Support for LGBTQIA+ team members was provided through rainbow lanyards and use of pronouns in email signatures.