Wesfarmers — a diversified corporation
From its origins in 1914 as a Western Australian farmers’ cooperative, Wesfarmers has grown into one of Australia’s largest listed companies. With headquarters in Perth, Wesfarmers’ businesses span: home improvement, outdoor living products and supply of building materials; general merchandise and apparel; office and technology products; health, beauty and wellbeing products and services; management of a retail subscription program and shared data asset; wholesale distribution of pharmaceutical goods; manufacturing and distribution of chemicals and fertilisers; development of an integrated lithium project, including mine, concentrator and refinery; industrial and safety product distribution; gas processing and distribution; and management of the Group’s investments.
The primary objective of Wesfarmers is to provide a satisfactory return to its shareholders.
The company aims to achieve this by:
- anticipating the needs of our customers and delivering competitive goods and services;
- looking after our team members and providing a safe, fulfilling work environment;
- engaging fairly with our suppliers, and sourcing ethically and sustainably;
- supporting the communities in which we operate;
- taking care of the environment; and
- acting with integrity and honesty in all of our dealings.