Wesfarmers — a diversified corporation
From its origins in 1914 as a Western Australian farmers' cooperative, Wesfarmers has grown into one of Australia's largest listed companies. With headquarters in Western Australia, its diverse business operations cover: home improvement and outdoor living; apparel and general merchandise; office supplies; and an Industrials division with businesses in chemicals, energy and fertilisers, and industrial and safety products. Wesfarmers is one of Australia's largest employers and has a shareholder base of approximately 490,000.
The primary objective of Wesfarmers is to provide a satisfactory return to its shareholders.
The company aims to achieve this by:
- anticipating the needs of our customers and delivering competitive goods and services;
- looking after our team members and providing a safe, fulfilling work environment;
- engaging fairly with our suppliers, and sourcing ethically and sustainably;
- supporting the communities in which we operate;
- taking care of the environment; and
- acting with integrity and honesty in all of our dealings.