Wesfarmers — a diversified corporation
From its origins in 1914 as a Western Australian farmers' cooperative, Wesfarmers has grown into one of Australia's largest listed companies. With headquarters in Western Australia, its diverse business operations cover: supermarkets, liquor, hotels and convenience stores; home improvement; office supplies; department stores; and an industrials division with businesses in chemicals, energy and fertilisers, industrial and safety products and coal. Wesfarmers is one of Australia's largest private sector employers with more than 217,000 employees and has a shareholder base of approximately 495,000.
The primary objective of Wesfarmers is to provide a satisfactory return to its shareholders.
The company aims to achieve this by:
- anticipating the needs of our customers and delivering competitive goods and services;
- looking after our team members and providing a safe, fulfilling work environment;
- engaging fairly with our suppliers, and sourcing ethically and sustainably;
- supporting the communities in which we operate;
- taking care of the environment; and
- acting with integrity and honesty in all of our dealings.