OVER THE LONG TERM
Some of the key initiatives undertaken during the year include:
- Bunnings focused on forklift safety again this year, with the introduction of video-based education and shared learnings for forklift operators. Bunnings also introduced new technology counterbalance forklifts to the network from June 2020, representing an investment of $32 million.
- Kmart focused on the delivery of continuous improvement of safe manual handling programs, from supply chain through to the shop floor with improved systems of work and training. This program includes a focus on the protection from cuts and lacerations resulting in a 16 per cent reduction on last year. It has also contributed to a reduction in workers compensation claims of 15 per cent to 544.
- Target developed and deployed three key training programs, including personal safety, moving safely and Target Your Mind mental health training.
- Officeworks implemented a workflow incident report e-form used for reporting incidents and determination of corrective action implementation. The initiative has increased focus on incident reporting and implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
- WesCEF continued to improve its High Potential Risk Management Program aimed at preventing incidents that could cause serious harm or permanent injury. Checklists were developed to support in-field safety discussions and ensure critical controls are in place before work commenced. The Program will be expanded in the 2021 financial year to include process safety risks as well.
- Industrial and Safety business units progressed their critical risk review program in the 2020 financial year and included developing bowtie analysis, performance standards and verification checklists. This program will continue into the 2021 financial year. To better understand psychological health needs a psychosocial climate survey pilot was initiated in Blackwoods New South Wales. Anonymised survey results have been shared with participants and a prioritised action plan has been implemented. Workwear Group also completed a psychological harm assessment and a gap analysis to assist with benchmarking and future program development. Coregas rolled out phase two of its Safety Refresh (an expansion of its current Safety Interaction program) and continued to implement site operational safety review recommendations. Greencap developed a set of lifesaving rules in consultation with its mobile workforce.
GRI 103-1, GRI 103-2, GRI 103-3, GRI 403-9, GRI 416-1