Wesfarmers will only be sustainable as a corporation if, in addition to our continued financial success, we adequately address a range of other issues which are significant in their own right and ultimately influence financial outcomes.
We aim to operate our businesses in accordance with our 10 community and environmental impact principles relating to five areas of people, sourcing, community, environment and governance.
- We maintain a relentless focus on providing safe workplaces.
- We provide opportunities for our people to enhance their job performance and develop their careers.
- We strive to create an inclusive work environment, with particular attention to gender diversity and the inclusion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- We commit to strong and respectful relationships with our suppliers.
- We strive to source products in a responsible manner while working with suppliers to improve their social and environmental practices.
- We make a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate.
- We are committed to providing consumers with safe products.
- We strive to reduce the emissions intensity of our businesses and improve their resilience to climate change.
- We strive to reduce our waste to landfill and water use where possible.
- We maintain robust corporate governance policies in all our businesses.
Within this framework, each business has identified the key issues most relevant to its operations. Further information on our sustainability performance can be found here.