We’re looking for tomorrow's leaders.
Take the first step in building a fantastic career.
Graduate Accountant – Group Accounting
The Group Accounting Team is responsible for the consolidation and reporting of Group results, accounting and taxation matters for the Wesfarmers Corporate Office, as well as providing technical advice and support to the wider Wesfarmers Group.
Graduates who join our Group Accounting team, gain broad exposure to Wesfarmers’ diverse business interests, and have the unique and rare opportunity to begin their career in an ASX20 company.
We are looking for results focused individuals, with strong analytical and problem solving abilities who possess a high degree of attention to detail.
Working closely with the Statutory Reporting and Group Reporting teams, the successful applicants will assist other accountants with the:
- preparation of financial reports;
- completion of month end reporting;
- delivery of technical and system training;
- preparation of the consolidated annual budget;
- delivery of technical accounting advice;
- performance of annual impairment testing; and
- coordination of the external audit process.
How do I apply?
Please submit your covering letter and resume by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button on the Wesfarmers Careers page by close of business on Friday 21 November 2014.
Further information regarding this opportunity is available on the Wesfarmers Careers page.
Graduate analyst – Business Development
The Business Development team supports major commercial projects and provides research, analysis and recommendations to senior management and the Board. The team is an integral part of Wesfarmers’ financial and commercial decision making process.
Graduates who join our Business Development team apply and develop their skills on a diverse range of strategic projects, including mergers, acquisitions, divestments and major capital investments. Working as a graduate analyst on these projects, you will be encouraged to contribute strategic thinking as well as in-depth analysis.
We will work with you to tailor your training to your strengths and ensure that you are challenged and supported while developing as a future leader.
You will be a high calibre individual, who is able to demonstrate:
- Excellent academic results in a Commerce or Finance related discipline (as a guide, weighted average mark of 70% or higher), preferably with a double degree or postgraduate qualification.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Outstanding drive and initiative.
How do I apply?
Intake for Wesfarmers' Business Development Graduate Opportunity for 2015 will commence in March, 2015. Information regarding the recruitment process will be available via the Wesfarmers website closer to the opening date.